SusCarb™ Dextrin - Premium Energy Source
SusCarb™ Dextrin - Sustainable Carbohydrate
SusCarb™ is a unique, highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD) from Zymebase Inc., utilizing cutting-edge green biotechnology. SusCarb™ has a higher branching ratio and a narrower and more uniform molecular weight distribution than other HBCDs on the market but maintains the physio-biochemical attributes of HBCD, including high molecular weight, low osmolarity, and high solubility.
SusCarb™ is widely used as a pre, intra and post-workout supplement by general fitness enthusiasts and elite athletes.
Why SusCarb™ Dextrin?
Colorless, odorless, and tasteless
Faster gastric emptying time
Sports supplement, enhance taste etc.
- Highly soluble in water
Hygroscopy and Stability
- Low moisture absorption (<18% at 40°C, 75% humidity)
- Highly stable
Molecular Weight Distribution and Purity
Compared to HBCD products on the market, SusCarb™ has:
- Narrower and more uniform molecular weight distribution
- Almost no oligosaccharides
- The average molecular weight is around 60, 000 ‒ 70, 000 Da
SusCarb™ has more α-1, 6-glycosidic bonds:
- 11% higher than other commercially available HBCD products
- 40% higher than maltodextrin
The higher branching percentage of α-1, 6-glycosidic bonds correlates with a slower release of glucose in vivo.
SusCarb™ Dextrin HBCD is a versatile ingredient